It is inevitable there is a new successor to Fusion 2.5 in the works. While it may be a while before this product is released, this page is dedicated to gathering confirmed rumours or hinted announcements regarding this mystery product. The new product will be re-written from scratch, meaning it will not be backwards compatible or maintain legacy code from Klik & Play. Plus, the exporters and [potentially] cross-platform editors would be easier to build and maintain.
Before you edit this page…
If you add to this list, please link to the source you got this information from. Please note this is not a wishlist page, and the information listed here is not a representation of the final product. This page is simply a place to store of what has been said and heard.
- 27 Sept 2016 - Reddit AMA (Promo Video)
- 01 Oct 2016 - Live Stream Demo of Fusion 3
Last Half of 2017 - ETA Release Date
Mentions from Clickteam
Features or opinions listed here have been mentioned by the staff at Clickteam.
From the Community
- The product itself
- Release Date
- Older posts suggested no firm release date. 1 2
Yves has clearly stated it will be released “next year” (2016). 1
- Clickteam from Facebook clearly says “No” to a 2016 release. Evidence
More information will be revealed "later this year" (2015). (https://community.clickteam.com/threads/92330-Fusion-3-Current-Status?p=664290&viewfull=1#post664290)
- Extension development editing time is intended to be addressed. 1
- It will be much faster to create extensions that work on all platforms. 1
- There will be a “quantum” leap in performance. 1
- The event editor style of coding isn’t going anywhere. In fact, the successor has been described as “awesome”. 1 2
- Release Date
- Cross platform support
- Potentially new features
- It could be possible to copy/paste events as text. 1
- Reduced limitations
- New file format
- An importer/converter for MFA files will be considered. 1 2 3
- The new file format may store data across multiple files as opposed to a monolithic format (such as MFA) 1 [World Reveal Interview]
- Support of existing products after launch
Speculation and Rumours
Members from the community recall announced facts about a feature.
- Runtimes in Fusion 3 will share a global runtime (as opposed to branding into their own external engines) 1 2
- Fusion 3 will have Git integration. 1
- There may be support for some of these: Cross platform shaders, cross platform zoom, sub-events, (real) global events, renaming qualifiers and unique instances. 1
James and Anders introduce and present technical details of the inner workings at Click Convention 2013.
Edit: Sorry, we don’t know why this video is now private.
The following interviews were recorded and published to YouTube.
Not exactly important, but related to Fusion 3.